Saturday, October 27, 2007

I'll be George S. Kaufman, and you can take turns being the other guys.

My new goals for blogging.
1. Visit new blogs.
2. Trick the new blogs I visit into visiting me.
3. Endear myself to these new blogs.
4. Separate the new blogs into interesting blogs and boring blogs.
5. Delete the boring blogs after a pity comment or two.
6. Cultivate the interesting blogs and develop a circle of friends where witty give and take abounds, not unlike the Algonquin Round Table, or at least not unlike the big round table in the center of the dining area in the local McDonald's where they sit all day nursing one coffee, one fucking coffee, all day, and talking real loud, and whenever I drop a french fry or spill my diet coke, they all stop talking, and I can feel their eyes burning and ripping into my flesh, and I know they hate me, because I'm not like them, because I could never be like them, because I don't wear the "cool" sneakers, or the "cool" sweaters, or the "cool" hat with my favorite team's logo on it.
7. Become the focal point of this group.
8. Develop slang and code words to keep the outsiders outside.
9. Set aside one day a month for ... I don't know, something special, real special, like "write backwards day" or "who cares about world peace day, not us day" or maybe even something frivolous.
10. Eventually get around to tithing the rest of the group.

No comments: