Saturday, October 27, 2007

If my heart stops beating you'll be the first to know, unless somebody else is the first to know firster-er

It's raining.
I can hear the rain.
My eyes are sort of glazed over, and I'm having trouble typing, and I feel a sneeze coming on, but not just yet ...
NOW!!!!!!
Not one, but seven of them.
People have always said I sneeze like a cat, and I guess I do, rapidly and in quick succession.
Sort of like Ah.... chooo, chooo, chooo, chooo, chooo, chooo, chooo.
Just one Ah, followed by a lot of chooos.
And it's still raining.
And I can still hear it.
And my computer is making that noise, yeah, that noise.
And it's almost four in the morning, but I laugh at sleep!
Ha.
And sleep laughs back at me.
And we stare each other down.
Sleep, it's hands on it's hip, tapping it's foot, staring intently.
Me, playing it cool, grinning, showing utter disdain.
Sleep blinks ...
I win!!!
Fuck you sleep, I'm going to bed, and on my own terms, you bastard.

No comments: