Thursday, August 31, 2006

Panging for my youth

I was nostalgic last night for a made for tv movie that I saw in 1975 that had been made in 1972 that starred Pamela Sue Martin, you know, that girl from Nancy Drew, and Lloyd Bridges, and some geeky kid who was really the star of the movie but I never knew the name of because I think this was the only movie he ever made.
Anyway, they were rich people that lived in apartments in New York City, and the geeky kid and Pamela Sue Martin were friends, not boy friend and girl friend, but just friends, but the geeky kid would have loved to have been Pamela Sue's boy friend, but he was just too geeky to be the boy friend of a hot chick like Pamela Sue, so he sort of put her on a pedestal and worshiped her from afar, even though they were friends ... did I mention that they were 15 years old, so, anyway, Pamela Sue was fucking one of her teachers, and she thought she might have gotten pregnant, but wasn't sure, so Pamela Sue asked the geeky kid for help in finding out if she was pregnant, and I know what you're thinking, that is, I know what you're thinking if you're even reading this, you're thinking why didn't she bop on down to the local drug store and buy an Early Pregnancy Test, well did you forget this was 1972 and EPTs weren't available over the counter, and I think you needed a prescription, but I'm not sure, but anyway, the geeky kid used to hang around the drug store and was friends with the pharmacist, who, by the way, was played by Tom Bosley, yes, the same Tom Bosley who went on to play Howard Cunningham on Happy Days just a few years after this, so, Tom the pharmacist was really guilt tripped into illegally giving the geeky kid the EPT, but only on the provision that the geeky kid quit hanging around the drug store because, well because Tom Bosley didn't want to be friends with someone who would ask him to break the law, oh yeah, I should also add that Pamela Sue wanted all this done on the QT because she was afraid her father, played by Lloyd Bridges would find out and ground her, hey, it was 1969 and parents still grounded their daughters if they got pregnant, ok, as the geeky kid was walking out of the drug store Lloyd Bridges walked in, and Lloyd really adored the geeky kid, he was sort of like the son Lloyd never had, but as Lloyd was talking to Tom Bosley I think Tom let it slip that the geeky kid wasn't all that admirable because he had just guilt tripped Tom into giving him the EPT, and Lloyd was all YESSSSSSSSSS, because he thought it was about time that the geeky kid was getting a piece of trim, hahahahaha, I said piece of trim, but then when Lloyd got home the geeky kid was just leaving, and when Lloyd was in the kitchen he saw the bag from the drug store and put two and two together and figured that the piece of trim the geeky kid was getting was his daughter Pamela Sue, but remember, we already knew that it one of Pamela Sue's teachers that was getting a piece of his daughter's trim, but of course Lloyd thought it was the geeky kid, so Lloyd started hating him, and remember Tom Bosley had also started hating him, and he finally realized that Pamela Sue was just using him, so he got all depressed, and either started taking drugs, or joined a commune, or murdered Pamela Sue, or came to the conclusion that the reason older guys like Lloyd and Tom liked him was some kind of NAMBLA thing and he became a male hooker down in Times Square, and I'm just reaching for conclusions now because it's been thirty years since I've seen the movie, and it really wasn't that good a movie, and after I'm done with this post I'm going to check IMDB and see if I can find out what the title of the movie was, and I'm still puzzled why this movie made me wax nostalgic, and not that it matters, but I don't think Pamela Sue was pregnant anyway.
And the title is ... To Find a Man

Ok, maybe she did get pregnant, and maybe the geeky kid wasn't asking Tom Bosley for an EPT test but for the name of an abortionist, because abortions were still illegal back in 1972, and now I'm really confused about how Lloyd found out about it, and I just realized my whole review is a lie!!!

2 comments:

hijacked frequencies said...

i'll bet Mr. C wished he could be on Happy Days again where things like this didn't happen.smilingfrog

Unknown said...

Oh the days of unbridled lust and naked cock thrust betwixt the thighs of loosely moraled women...I wish I'd been Mr. Thrust in those dayz...