Tuesday, August 29, 2006

A haircut and a beard trim for eleven bucks and the barber says thanks and really means it when you give him a two dollar tip

Ok, I was going to make a post about going to get a haircut today, and how I almost didn't go to get the haircut because I don't like to get a haircut if I need a shave, hey, call me weird, but that's just the way I am, and since I didn't shave last night that meant that I'd have to shave before I went to get the haircut, but see, here's the thing, for a man to properly shave there are 18 distinct head pivots that must be made, 18 different head movements if you will, but since I've now had two spinal fusion surgeries I am only able to perform 12 of the 18 pivoting movements, my head just doesn't pivot like it used to pivot, and no, that doesn't mean I can't shave, it just means I have to psyche myself up before I shave, and by the time I have psyched myself up I am usually, I don't know, bored, I guess, but yeah, I did actually go get the haircut, and yeah, I actually did shave, but the post wasn't going to be about shaving, it was going to be about getting a haircut at a small town barber shop, but much like I have to psyche myself up to shave, I also have to psyche myself up to write a post, and yeah, now I'm bored, so here's a capsulized version of the post I was going to make about getting a haircut in a small town barber shop.

The barber shop doesn't have a name out front, it just says BARBER SHOP.
The barber's name is Terry, which is a for suck name for a barber, all barbers should have a name that starts with B, like Butch, or Bob, or Bill, or Boz ... hey, I missed my calling, I should have been a barber!
There were all sorts of dead fish and dead animal heads hanging on the wall, and the backroom, and all barber shops should have a back room, and the backroom walls are filled with pictures of hot looking chicks in bikinis and underwear, or should I say bikinis OR underwear.
Terry makes up for having a for suck name for a barber by taking drags on a cigarette every thirty seconds while cutting your hair, I mean how un PC, and how cool is that!
Terry the for suck named barber told a joke about lesbians, and yeah, I laughed, but only because there is something about being in a real barber shop that makes you laugh at unfunny sexist jokes, and I don't really remember the whole joke, but the punch line was ... there were too many dykes and not enough spikes, and please don't judge me too harshly, I couldn't help it.

I guess that's it, wait, I forgot that whenever a pretty woman walks by in front of the barber shop everybody stops whatever it is they are doing and stares till she is out of view ... Now that's a barber shop!!!

3 comments:

Kat said...

My God, but all this testosterone is giving me a headache.

Raymi Lauren said...

your profile picture rules.

hijacked frequencies said...

so thats what goes on in those seedy barber shops.