Monday, August 28, 2006

Bobbie the Weather Girl

I'd heard stories about Bobbie the Weather Girl, but I never knew if she actually existed.



The stories I had heard were from guys I knew from when I was stationed on Crete who had been stationed in Vietnam before they had transferred to our sunny island paradise. They said there was this chick named Bobbie who used to do the weather forecast on the Armed Forces TV network in Vietnam, and that she used to do the forecast while wearing mini skirts, or in bikinis, and the television crew would do all sorts of wacky stuff while she was doing her report, like pouring water on her if there was rain in the forecast, or writing the temperatures on her if she was wearing a bikini, and everyone had a giant bone on for her, because, well just because, so yeah, these were the stories I heard ...
So anyway, I just happened to do a Google for Bobbie the Weather Girl, because, well, because, if you hadn't noticed I've been posting a lot of retro pin-up type pics this weekend, and I mean, if there was a BTWG now would be the time to find out, am I right?
So I did the search, and yeah, she really did exist, and I found a few pics, and yeah, she is the ultimate girl next door fantasy chick of the late 60s, and I also found an article about her, and the article said that BTWG was a secretary for some US government agency in Vietnam in the late sixties, and she didn't get paid for doing the weather, and she spent a lot of her free time visiting the troops out in the boonies, and she really was some kind of angel of mercy, or at least a chick who cared, so yeah, there you have it, and damn, if I had been some 19 year old guy stuck in some hootch in Vietnam instead of cooling my heels in the relative luxury of an air conditioned dormitory on the sunny island of Crete, ummm, yeah, I'd be telling stories about Bobbie the Weather Girl, and probably fantasizing about how one day I would sweep Bobbie the Weather Girl off her feet, and we would fall in love, and have nasty/wicked but very satisfying sex, which would eventually lead to marriage, and umm, three or four kids, and we would never fight or argue, and we would watch the Wheel together on the living room couch after the evening news, and she would be watching me over my shoulder as I typed this post.

No comments: