Sunday, August 06, 2006

Let there be SMORES!!!

I'm undecided on whether I should take a pain pill before I go to bed.
I didn't take one last night and I hurt no matter which side I tried to sleep on, so at about 4 am I got up and took a pill and the pain went away enough so I could fall asleep where I dreamt about ...
Fish with teeth
Giving Vickie Brumley, a very busty red headed girl from my twelth grade Geography class, a piggyback ride
Dealing with the shame of being an ex-con
Getting lost in Detroit
Not graduating from high school
Driving a car with no brakes
Slot machines
Smoking cigarettes
Ummmm???
I guess that's it, but ok, I didn't dream any of those dreams last night, but they are all sort of dreams that I've had more than once, twice, ten times, and uhhh, I actually did dream about sleeping in a tent last night, with all of you, and we were all crowded together in the center of the tent, and some of us were in sleeping bags, and some of us were on cots, and it was a really HUGE tent, and it was musty, well not musty, more dampish, or maybe humid, and of course I was the coolest person in the tent, and you all wanted to be my friend ... my best friend forever, and me being me, well, me being me I tried to be everyone's best friend forever, and it was nice and communal, you know, all of us being in the tent together, it was like we bonded, and ... I think someone gave me a rubdown, and Joan Baez came by for a visit and we sang folk songs together, and there were SMORES!!!

So yeah, I think I'm going take a pain pill.

3 comments:

hijacked frequencies said...

i was the one in the sleeping bag obsessing over an irrational fear of bugs and spiders and hogging all the smores.

Boz said...

I wasn't going to mention it, but yeah, you were.

hijacked frequencies said...

:::grabs the smores and runs::::