Tuesday, October 18, 2005

You don't have to be Italian to appreciate italics

Have you ever smoked a pipe?
Yes, I've tried it, but I looked silly smoking a pipe.
Have you ever smoked a cigar?
Yes, I've smoked cigars but I looked even sillier smoking a cigar than I did smoking a pipe.
You smoked cigarettes, right?
Yeah, I smoked for about twenty years. I was a heavy smoker. By the time I quit I was smoking two and a half packs a day.
What brand(s) did you smoke?
I started out smoking Winstons, then I changed to Marlboro, then I smoked Kools for awhile, and then Newports, and then back to Marlboro, then back to Kools, and finally back to Marlboros.
Smoking is a phallic thing isn't it?
Yeah, now that I don't smoke anymore I'm convinced it is.
Could you blow smoke rings?
Yeah, the regular kind, and I could also do little tiny smoke rings coming out of each side of my mouth.
Sounds stupid.
Yeah, pretty much so. I also did that French inhaling thing, which I guess is pretty stupid too.
Any other stupid smoking stories?
Not stories, but I used to singe my beard quite a bit when my cigarette would stick to my lip and then hang. That was never fun. Oh, and I once chain smoked a whole pack of cigarettes lighting each cigarette with the butt of the last one, but I guess most of us have done that.
Oh yeah, I do it all the time.
Prick.
What did you hate most about smoking?
When someone would ask to bum a smoke, then bum a light and then say "I guess all I've got is the habit".
Did you just call me a Prick?
Yes.

No comments: