Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Tell me what it was like before they had CDs.

I talked to Amy last night.
She just started working for a temp agency.
Her first gig is a forty five minute to an hour commute one way.
It should last about a month or so.
She has problems changing stations on the radio and avoiding head on collisions.
Her car has a casette player.
She only has one casette.
You can only take so much of the Beastie Boys before you get tired of fighting for your right to par ..... ty.
I, being the gallant knight that I am, offered to make her some casettes.
A regular Sir Bozalot, that's me.
It took me two hours last night to figure out that the casette player on my CD/Casette combo didn't work.
It took me two more hours this morning to figure out that it REALLY didn't work.
I went to Plan B.
You always need a Plan B.
I went to the St Vincent De Paul Thrift store.
Amid the Edie Gorme and the Branson Christmas Specials I-IV I was able to find eight passable casettes.
There is a special this week.
All paper back books and casette tapes are ten cents each.
I bought all eight tapes.
They are:
Johnny Hates Jazz
The Fabulous Thunderbirds
The Escape Club
Julian Lennon
John Mellencamp
Sade
Sindead O'Conner
and
Billy Joel

Hopefully she's an 80's kind of chick ...
Maybe I should have gotten her some leg warmers and a pair of acid washed jeans to complete the set.
Anyway, that's not the whole story, but that's the whole story for now.

No comments: