Monday, October 24, 2005

A day in the life

While I was calmy reassuring a friend that I didn't think it was possible for her pancreas to explode my phone started ringing.
After the third ring I got up and started to answer it just as Mother Boz gave me a worried call from the kitchen.
I headed towards the kitchen just as my answering machine kicked on.
When I got to the hallway I could hear my brother in law saying something about a hurricane and his house being destroyed.
Mother Boz was leaning against the bar in obvious pain.
For some god only knows reason she had been rearranging the shelves under the bar in the kitchen and her knees had locked up and she couldn't move.
I started to help MB to her bedroom.
She was like a puppet with broken strings.
She had no control over her legs.
I had to drag/carry her to her bed.
I sat her on the edge of her bed but she looked like she might slip off, so I picked her legs up and lifted them onto the bed.
She yelled at me that it hurt.
After making sure that she had just cramped up, and that it was nothing serious I went back to my room and told my friend with the pancreas that wasn't really about to explode what had happened.
She laughed, with me, not at me, at least that is what she said.
I listened to the phone message my brother in law had left.
In his best Dan Rather voice he said they had evacauated their home on the Gulf Coast and were now at their son's house in the Panhandle.
He said he called to let MB know they were alright and not to worry.
I'm pretty sure MB wasn't worried due to the fact she knew nothing about the hurricane.
He then said god willing, yeah he actually said god willing, their home would still be there when they got home.
He invokes the name of god alot, like he's got a hotline to heaven or something.
I Google Hurricane Wilma.
WILMA-AAAAAAAAA
It's a fucking Cat 2 hurricane.
A Cat 2 couldn't blow down the house of straw that the really lazy pig built.
My friend's pancreas exploded.
Enough with the drama.
How was your day.

No comments: