Monday, October 17, 2005

It turns out we give our fathers way too much credit

Some not so smart things my father did during his lifetime

1. He voted for Nixon five times.
2. He bought a pink car.
3. He bought a pink car with HUGE tail fins.



5. He bought swamp land in Florida.
6. He got drunk the night before the hottest day of the year when he had to lay cement for a patio in the backyard.
7. He believed the guy who insinuated that he could get him a stolen brand new 27 inch color television for twenty five dollars. The guy was a drug addict, the television was non existant and my dad was out twenty five dollars when twenty five dollars actually meant something, well, it didn't mean a lot ... LOT, I mean it was only twenty five dollars, but that was a week worth of groceries, a tank of gas, and a carton of Camels.
8. Ok, he didn't vote for Nixon five times, he didn't even vote for Nixon one time, at least he never admitted to it, but he very well could have back in 1972 against McGovern, I mean somebody had to vote for Nixon, he took every fucking state except Massachusetts, and I know I didn't vote for him.
9. He talked my mother, who did all the xmas shopping, into buying me an electric shoe shine thingamijig for xmas the year I graduated from high school.



10. I mentioned the pink car didn't I? Well, he also bought a 1956 Nash Rambler which was salmon colored, yeah, pink, but after a couple of years he had it painted black and white, but still it was a Nash Fucking Rambler!!!

No comments: