Friday, October 28, 2005

Sans training wheels

So, I had a new visitor today.
His name is Dan and he rides a bike.
What if we become friends.
He can call me Boz.
And I can call him Dan, or Danny, no wait, I'll call him Dan-o.
Hey Dan-o, it's me Boz!
I wonder what kind of bike he rides.
You know, I've got a bike too. It's a Huffy I think, and it has a whole lot of different speeds, but I haven't ridden it for a long time, you know because of the degenerating disks in my back.
The tires are probably flat by now anyway.
I wonder what Dan-o is doing right now?
He's probably working on his bike, or maybe he's mapping out his next bike trip, or maybe he's drinking a protein shake, cause if you're a serious biker, like I know Dan-o is, you need a lot of protein in your diet.
I wish I had more friends like Dan-o, you know, non-judgemental, there when you need him, always ready with twenty if you need one, not like some of you, nudge, nudge, wink, wink, know what I mean, know what I mean, say no more, say no more ...
So Dan-o, drop by anytime, the doors not locked, I don't have any beer or anything like that, but I do have a bottle of Sprite, one of those big two liter bottles, and isn't that the official drink of the American Federation of Bike Riders?
Just make yourself at home Dan-o.
And the rest of you, well, you can just bite me and my new friend Dan-o.

No comments: