Thursday, May 19, 2005

Weird dream #1786

I just had the weirdest fucking dream.
My mother and I were discussing death benefits that my dad was entitled to with the union representative from where my dad worked.

At on point in the meeting, the union rep, played very convincingly by Alec Baldwin, showed me some kind of savings account that my dad had through the union, but Alec sort of blocked my mother's view of the document.

When I looked at the account I could see that there had been an $11,000.00 withdrawl made by former Miss America Bess Myerson back in 1962, which had eventually been repaid by Miss Myerson, if this wasn't disturbing enough there were all kinds of hearts and little coochie coo notes written all over that part of the account.

Before we left, I took Alec aside and asked him what he knew about this. He sort of hemmed and hawed, and said he had just started working for the company around that time, but yes it was common knowledge that my dad and Bess Myerson had a thing going.

At first I was just shocked that my dad could do such a thing, I thought about my mother and how things were going back in 1962, and damn, how could my dad do something like that to my mother, and damn, no wonder we never had any money, he had lent it all to Bess Myerson.

Then all of a sudden it hit me. Bess Myerson, damn, she was a former fucking Miss America.
Way to go dad!!!

Bess Myerson Miss America 1945

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I remember reading that Bess Myerson had been a very controversial choice for Miss America. Not only was she from New York, but she was also Jewish, and by looking at her pic you can tell that she was also the earthiest Miss America that there has ever been.
She also went on to become a televison celebrity in the 50's and 60's as a panelist on the game show I've Got A Secret, yeah, and we know what the secret was, don't we Bess.
She also went on to become some kind of state appointed consumer affairs advocate for the state of New York, but resigned in disgrace after some kind of scandal involving abuse of the power of her office.
At least that's the way I remember it.

Bess fucking Myerson, way to fucking go dad!!!

No comments: