Monday, October 02, 2006

So, a man walks up to me on the street and says

I don't know what the world is coming to.
I fell asleep at 2:20 this morning, which isn't a bad time for me, and then I woke up at 4:30, and I didn't roll over and fall right back to sleep like you're supposed to do when you wake up at 4:30 in the morning, oh no, I WOKE UP woke up at 4:30 in the morning.
I was like one of those hopped up dopeheads from Reefer Madness. I was wide awake, I was wide fucking awake, and I just laid/layed there, there, there, there.
Then I made a big mistake, yeah, I turned on the tv, oh, I guess at about 5:00 and just started surfing around, you know how that is, don't you ... DON'T YOU!!!
I dunno, TCM had the remake of Invasion of the Body Snatchers, and maybe it's just me, but I prefer the original, sooooooooo, I surfed on over to TBS and one of my all time favorite movies was on.
Yeah, you guessed it Captain Ron was on. Oh, man, I love that movie. Kurt Russell gives an Oscar worthy performance, and Martin Short ... well let me just say this about Martin Short, this is his best work since the first time Ed Grimley DippityDoed his way on to SCTV oh so many years ago.
And Mary Kay Place ... Mary Kay Place ... I've had a soft spot for her since she played Loretta Haggers on Mary Hartman Mary Hartman in the mid 70s, and man do I miss the mid 70s, but I don't know, and errrrrgh my mind just went blank.
Yeah, blank, blank, blank, blank .............
I think this is where they play the National Anthem.

No comments: