Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Early Wednesday morning at the movies.

I'm bored.

I should start my novel.

They got out of the car ...
The two men got out of the car ...
The bank robbers jumped out of the moving car, their guns blazing ...

Screw it.

I'm still bored.
I should watch a movie.
Nashville is on TCM in about twenty minutes.
Geraldine Chaplin is in Nashville.
Her father is Charlie Chaplin.
Her grandfather is Eugene O'Neill.
She was very good in Doctor Zhivago.
I saw Doctor Zhivago at the United Artists Theater in downtown Detroit in the spring of 1966 on a class outing.
Back then all the big movies opened downtown.
I think that's the only movie I ever went to see downtown.
I usually saw movies at places called The Ramona, or The Jewel, or The Macomb, or the East Wood, or The Roseville.
I saw most of my movies at the Roseville.
It was our neighborhood theater.
I saw The Incredible Shrinking Man at the Roseville Theater with my old man after him and my mother had a big arguement about who knows what.
I saw The Creature From The Black Lagoon at the Roseville with my sister at a Saturday matinee, and afterwards we stopped for french fries and cherry Cokes at the Delight restaurant.
I saw Pinocchio with my mother at the Roseville one Friday night after stopping off at the doctor's office to get a polio shot ...
Oh man, Nashville is about to start, so I'd better stop, and go take a leak, because there aren't any commercials on TCM, but hey, they do show tits, and there are tits in Nashville, and thank god they aren't Geraldine Chaplin's tits ...
Time to go.
Later.

No comments: