Sunday, June 11, 2006

Movie review Sunday

1. Aussie Park Boyz - The disk was cracked so I couldn't watch it, and it only took me about a half an hour to figure it out, I mean I thought my DVD player was broken, and isn't that always the case, you think whatever the problem is that that you are to blame, but at least I'll get another DVD rental out of this, and I'll take a current $2.50 release and not another fifty cent release, so that's not all bad.
2. In China They Eat Dogs - It had subtitles and it was late, and I was kind of tired, and I didn't feel like fooling with sub titles, so I turned it off after about a minute, but there was gratuitous nudity so I'll probably watch it later when I am more wide awake.
3. Penn and Teller: Bullshit - It started out pretty good, but by the third or fourth episode the big fat guy who does all the talking, I think that's Penn, and what kind of parent names their son Penn, well anyway, after about three or four episodes the big fat guy who does all the talking started getting real annoying, you know, all patronizing and self-righteous, and then when I got to the second disk the second episode was on Feng Shui, FENG FUCKING SHUI, they were debunking FENG FUCKING SHUI, I mean who the fuck cares???
So I turned it off, but I'll probably go back to it, because they had one episode with a lot of naked bodies in it, and who knows they might have another one.
4. Bullfighter - Ok, I don't think this is the worst movie ever as some of the reviews on the IMDB think, I mean really the people who wrote those reviews are just people, it's not like they KNOW or anything, and really wouldn't you have had to see every movie ever made before you could truthfully say that it is the worse movie ever, but no, it isn't the worst movie ever, and actually so far I kind of like it, yeah, I've only watched about half of it, but it has it's moments, and there are a lot of cool actors and actresses in it, and do you remember back in the 80's when it was PC to refer to both actors and actresses as ACTORS, so anyway, yeah, I'll definitely finish the movie, and the only real gripe I have with it so far is the actor who plays the Bullfighter has this very thick French accent, and I'm all WTF, this movie takes place in Mexico, so why does this guy have a French accent, and you know, I'm not sure if it a real French accent or a fake French accent, all I know was his French accent made it very hard to understand what he was saying, you know, sort of like Meryl Streep in Out Of Africa where she had that really thick I think it was Dutch accent, and really there was no need for it because we knew she was the great Academy Award winning actress Meryl Streep who could do any accent known to man, or woman, and have you noticed since then Meryl Streep hasn't really gotten any good roles?

Producer: We could get Meryl Streep.
Executive Producer: Yeah, but she might want to do an accent that no one can understand.
Producer: Good point. How about Nicole Kidman?
Executive Producer: Yeah, that would be great, and after being married to Tom Cruise all those years she's so starved for sex I heard she'll do it with anyone and you don't even need a couch.


So yeah, except for the French accent guy, the movie isn't really all that bad.

No comments: