Thursday, June 01, 2006

The cigarette butts of my youth

When I was a teenager I had the attic bedroom, which was cool because it was the biggest bedroom in the house, and it had a huge walk in closet which I didn't use as a closet, I used it as my hippie hangout pad instead, and it had a bunch of posters, and it had a black light too, and an AM/FM radio, and my record player with detachable speakers, and all my LPs, which included Country Joe and the Fish, and Steppenwolf, and Peter Paul and Mary, and the Lovin' Spoonful, and the Jefferson Airplane, and then there was my stash of Playboy magazines which were hidden way in the back, in a foot locker, behind the STOP sign I had stolen when they were repaving the street I lived on, and my favorite Playboy was the January 1968 issue with Connie Kreski as the Playmate of the Month, and Connie Kreski was cool because she was from Detroit and she was blonde, and she had perfect breasts, and even perfecter puffies, and I didn't even know what puffies were back then, but she had them, and they were perfect, and she was perfect, and who cared if she was air brushed, because we were going to get married, and have kids, but then I graduated from high school, and she moved out to California, and she started hanging out with Hef at the Mansion, and then I enlisted in the Air Force, and we started drifting apart, Connie and I did, and then she married James Caan, yeah, that James Caan, the actor from the Godfather and all those other movies, and that hurt, but the marriage didn't last, but still we never re-connected, it wouldn't have worked out anyway, she was Hollywood now, and I was in college on the GI Bill, and after Hef, the Mansion, and James Caan, I don't think she could have made do on the few hundred a month I was raking in from Uncle Sugar ... that's Uncle Sam to you non GI Bill recipients, and just when did this post lose focus?

1 comment:

hijacked frequencies said...

i'm not sure, but i lost focus when i saw her puffies.