Sunday, June 11, 2006

Klaatu barada nikto

I was 21 years old when I was abducted by aliens.
It was the summer of 1971 and I was home on leave from the air force after serving 18 months on the island of Crete.
It was very hot that summer. The temperature easily topped the 90 degree mark every day that I was home.
The nights were even hotter in the upstairs bedroom where I slept without benefit of either air conditioning or fan, and the only relief was the occasional cross breeze from the open windows on opposite sides of the room.

Ok, this isn't going anywhere, but I really was abducted by aliens in the summer of 1971, and they took me to bars and parties, and made me drink alcohol and smoke dope, and hit on girls just out of high school with round bottoms and full firm breasts who I may or may not have scored with depending on whether these are true or false repressed memories that I am just now unrepressing, but I think I might have, but then again it might just have been an alcohol and drug induced euphoria that led me to believe that whatever I just said was true, and the spaceship looked a lot like a coffee colored 1963 Chevrolet Impala Super Sport, and the aliens maybe, just maybe, could have been Wesley from across the street and Ronnie T. Brown from two streets, no, make that three streets, no, I was right the first time, just like Ronnie T. Brown from two streets over, and isn't it funny how the mind plays tricks on you?

1 comment:

hijacked frequencies said...

HAPPY DAY BEFORE YOUR BIRTHDAY BOZZI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =)

I like it when you tell stories from when you were in Crete. Sounds like those were some awesome aliens.