Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Z is for zombies, and zoloft and z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z

So here's the thing.
I'm trying to streamline my life a little bit, cut out some of the excess baggage, get back to fighting trim, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, and the blah you rode in on.
So, when I had my annual check-up last week I asked my doctor if I could stop taking zoloft ...
Zeke ...
Ziggy Stardust ...
The big Z ...
Zetc, zetc, zetc ...

Ok, zoloft is mostly prescribed for depression, but it's also prescribed for anxiety, and yeah, anxiety, that's why I'm taking it.
And I don't want to hear any of your zoloft horror stories because it's taken me from the brink of insanity to the brink of sanity, and really what more can you ask for from your friendly neighborhood pharmaceutical???
So, yeah, the doctor said I could cut out the zoloft. Right now I'm taking 50 megs every other day for two weeks, and then after that I stop cold ...
Ummm, yeah, things could get strange for awhile, but stick with me, and if I get too whiggy you have my permission to take me aside and, you know, sort of give me a talking to.
Ha, I had to go back because I typed persimmon instead of permission.
Ummm, yeah, so it's been six years, and ummm, yeah, and zoloft has become sort of like the brother I never had, or never particularly wanted, and ummm, yeah, and when did my knuckles get so hairy???
I think I'd better go back to bed now, you know, to sleep, or ummm, sleep, yeah, that's what I need, a little sleep.
So, ummm, don't forget to unplug the coffee maker when you leave, ok.

5 comments:

Boz said...

I went through group therapy with that poor little rock.

Grampa said...

JUst be careful, Bozzy, 'cause the withdrawal symptoms from some of those anti-depressants are worse than those from heroin.

Trust me, I know these things.

If you start feeling wiggy, make sure you call your doctor and tell him exactly what you are feeling and ask for his best advice.

Sandra said...

In case you'll get anxiety symptoms again, come over to Germany, bozzie. The whole nation is one big anxiety disorder.

Seriously, all the best, boz.

Unknown said...

HEY!! Zoloft is a Pfizer drug and my main money source is a Pfizer rep (my brother-in-law.) So don't dis the gravy train or you don't get any pens and notepads. Bitches.

hijacked frequencies said...

my mother took Zoloft...yes, i come from a long line of mentally disturbed ppl...i know that's a freaking surprise...she went off it w/ no problems whatsoever.

several ppl i used to work w/ did the same thingand had no problems ....now if you were talking Paxil, i'd say you'd be in for a white knuckle ride.

funny u mention this, i've been thinking of stopping my Prozac.

u go first.

if u need me, little ms queen of psych meds is here.