Tuesday, March 14, 2006

It's like raisin bran without the raisins

What's it really like?

It's like that song by ABBA that always pops into my head as soon as I step into the shower.

It's like that dream where I get lost in the halls between classes in high school.

It's like that one time I smoked hash and saw Jesus, and Mao, and Che, and Malcolm X, and Lenny Bruce taking on the Harlem Globetrotters at the Garden in NYC.

It's like reading a book in a moving car and getting a headache that lasts a week.

It's like the time I ran head first into a tree while playing touch football and after assuring everyone I was alright I took two steps and passed out cold.

It's like the time I ate fruit cake because there was nothing else to eat.

It's like that time in 1971 when I was in the Dallas/Ft. Worth airport waiting for a connecting flight to Detroit and I couldn't take my eyes off that skinny girls ass who was wearing a way too short pair of cut-off jeans.

It's like sitting at the computer at two in the morning with my feet propped up listening to the wind howl, and the computer hum, and my ears ring, and, and, and, and, and ...

Yeah, it's just like that.

2 comments:

dvl said...

its like when i ate that brownie this weekend but was too impatient to wait for it to kick in so i supplemented and about 1/2 hour later the brownie kicked in too and my ears were ringing for at least an hour straight...

wait, that's more like raisin bran with extra raisins and extra sugar.

nevermind.

Boz said...

Yeah, it's exactly sort of like that.