Friday, March 17, 2006

Bereft of life

I am kind of bummed out tonight.
I had planned on starting a somewhat more ambitious writing project this weekend that I had hoped would lead to a short story that I could submit somewhere for publication.
I was going to call it Debbie Does Dallas, the Three Hundred Pound Samoan, and Me and it would have been a mostly true account about a week I spent in San Angelo Texas when I was in the Air Force back in the summer of 1971.
But like I said, I'm kind of bummed tonight.
I'm pretty sure that one of my two remaining birds is about to die. It's the same bird that I thought was about to die last summer, I mean, that's the trouble with this particular bird, she's such a keep to herself little bird that she always looks like she is about to die, but yeah, this time I think it is for real, yeah, if falling off the perch every ten minutes is any indication, I think it's for real.
I'm not bummed because this particular bird is dying, I mean it's just a bird, not a dog or a cat, or a second cousin, it's just a bird. I get bummed when anybody or anything is about to die ...
Colonel Blake from MASH
Charlotte from Charlotte's Web
Billy Joe McAllister from Ode to Billy Joe
Yeah, they all bummed me out, and of course ...
There's this whole zoloft thing.

Ok, I'll still write the short story, I'll just throw a dying bird into the mix.

4 comments:

hijacked frequencies said...

i'd be a bawling freaked out mess in yr situation ....animals dying gets me EVERY time.

ok, i'm going on me,ory here, but i saw Ode to Billy Joe in the 5th grade ....i remember something confused me about it....didn't Robbie Benson do something ...like something weird....and that's why he jumped off a bridge?

that movie is still elusive to me.

hijacked frequencies said...

ok, the other thing about that movie was in the 5th grade i thought it was Ode to Billy Joel and i was like WTF???? billy joel wasn't even IN THE MOVIE!!!!

hijacked frequencies said...

ok, i'm totally shocked---i just did the whole IMDB th ng on Ode to Billy Joe & found out it was a Brokeback Mountain --er, Brokeback Bridge kinda thing. No woner I didn't get it way back when

hijacked frequencies said...

also, my PDA screen is slughtly wonky so that accounts for my misspellings.


i'm gonna quit commenting now.

seriously.