Thursday, March 02, 2006

Just another chocolate pie after midnight dream

I had this weird dream last night
I had asked some girl to go to the prom with me, which in itself was a
surprise to me that I had the guts to do it, and she accepted. I guess
the prom was a pretty big deal, because in the school they had big interactive
displays and dioramas and stuff on what it was it going to be like, and your parents were invited to check out the displays, and they pointed and ooohed and ahhhhed, and everyone was really proud of how the prom was shaping up.
Then I met this other girl who I really wanted to take to the prom instead,
and seriously, the first date was just some
generic girl, a date of convenience, the second girl was the one I really wanted
to take, and isn't this starting to sound like that one episode of Eight Is Enough where Tommy Bradford had two dates for the prom.
Ok, this being a dream and all the time line isn't all that important, you know how dreams sort of ping pong around and everything.
So anyway the dream now flashes forward to the prom and I am sitting at a long table
waiting for whoever my date is going to be to show up.
Edith Bunker, huh, Edith Bunker was sitting three places down from me, and this was not the long suffering Edith Bunker, this was the Edith Bunker from the
episode of All In The Family where she was going through menopause, and Edith was really pissed off. Edith was pissed because everyone else had already been served their
dinner and she hadn't, and she is bitching and cussing and moaning and
yelling at all the waiters. Someone then offered Edith a tangerine as a
means of calming her down, but Edith took the tangerine and threw it
against the wall and yelled ...
"I don't want no damn tangerine, I want my salad".
Then I woke up.

Feel free to lay a little pop psychology dream interpretation on me, I'd be glad to hear it.

2 comments:

hijacked frequencies said...

remember that episode of all in the family where edith gets the blood clot in her leg and archie is still rushing her around trying to get her to cook dinner and her leg is hurting but he doesn't know anything is wong w/ her so then she cant walk on it anymore so she has to tell him she is sick and needs surgery?

thats the only one i remember, really.

i think you are having a struggle between yr id and superego about yr hatred of tangerines, tho.

Unknown said...

I think you just hate fresh fruit...if it's not from the 99 cent store it's not worthy to pass through you.