Monday, March 06, 2006

And it's only 10:30 in the morning

What a crappy day this is turning out to be.
I woke up at about six this morning and for no reason at all my lower back started hurting, ok, hurting probably isn't the right word. I woke up at about six this morning and my lower back felt like someone had stuck a knife in it and ripped out a kidney, or a spleen, or a liver, or whatever organ there happens to be in the lower back region.
So, I took a couple of tylenol and tried to go back to sleep.
I tossed and turned, every move like another twist of the knife and then about 7:55 I started to drift off ...
Fuck this long drawn out narrative......
My back is killing me.
I couldn't fall back asleep.
The power company shows up outside my bedroom window at eight o'clock and start playing the Hallelujah Chorus on a plethora of chain saws as they cut down what seems to be every tree in the free world.
So fine, I get up and turn on the television ... and the fucking power is out!!!
Why is the fucking power out???
Because the fucking power company turned it off ... the right bunch of bastards!!!!!!!
So, I'm laying in bed at nine thirty in the morning, half asleep, in terrible pain, listening to the guys from the power company just out side my window argue about where they should go to lunch this afternoon, and the house is getting cold ... because the fucking power is out, and maybe I should just get up and try to do something ... do what, the power is out you fucking moron!!!!!!!!!!!
So I just lay there and for lack of anything better to do I start obsessing about the drs appointment I have this afternoon. The drs appointment where I will be probed and groped, and generally violated physically, verbally, and emotionally all in the name of preventive medicine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So anyway, the power is back on, but my back still hurts, and the house hasn't warmed up yet, and I'm still obsessing on my drs appointment for this afternoon, and wishing I had a woman doctor so the probing and groping, well you know ...

No comments: