Friday, August 26, 2005

Happy Birthday MB

Ten Cool Things MB Did For Me While I Was Growing Up
1. She made root beer kool-aid.
2. She gave me money for comic books.
3. She took me to see a re-re-release of King Kong at the Roseville Theater.
4. She'd give me money for popcicles when Old Nick the Ice Cream Guy came by in his ice cream truck.
5. She gave me an adult library card for my eleventh birthday ... no that was Bobby Whatshisname's mother in Stephen King's novel Hearts in Atlantis.
6. She bought me a hula hoop from Kresge's.
7. She took me to work with her one time and let me play with carbon paper.
8. She always called and told the attendance office I was sick even when I was faking.
9. She bought me Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band without me even asking when I had a cold or the flu or something.
10. She thought it was kind of neat that I sort of marched to the sound of a different drummer.

No comments: