Tuesday, April 05, 2005

You're not a ham sandwich until someone orders a ham sandwich.

So anyway, I just finished talking with her, about a half hour ago, and we were talking about stuff, and how she really likes my writing, and that is music to my ears and stuff. Tra la la.
You know, she digs me, we dig each other, but yeah, that's just stating the obvious, but she's careful you know, she doesn't want me to know that she really likes what I write too much, because of the whole ego thing, mine, not hers, and damn that whole Ego Anonymous thing just ain't working out, but anyway, she strokes it, my ego, because well, we dig each other, and ego stroking is something that people who dig each other do to, and for, each other even when they know they shouldn't.
But she said something tonight, before the ego stroking started, that really just floored me. She said something like ...
You writers are all alike.
And I'm like whoa, writer, me writer?
I mean, no one has ever so casually called me a writer. No one whose opinion I value, and I value her opinion, because she knows about things like this, and yeah I also value her opinion because I'm trying to get into her pants, and yeah no one has ever so casually called me a writer, and that is awesome, and I mean awesome on the backhand, the forehand, and the any hand awesome.
So wow, meet me, boz the writer, or at least one woman's opinion of a writer, and her opinion is the only opinion for me, so, la di dah, la di fucking dah.

And we should all know by now what digging each other is a codeword for.

No comments: