Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Hello God, it's me, Boz

Ok, so I have this fantasy.
I steal a Winnebago.
And I drive to California, yeah, northern California.
With god as my co-pilot.
Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Two steps ahead of the law.
I pick her up.
There's a misunderstanding at a liquor store.
And there's bloodshed.
I swear it's an accident.
The chase is on.
Think Bonnie and Clyde on zoloft.
So, ah, where was I heading with this?
Folk heroes.
Bandits of love.
Think of the merchandising possibilities.
The Mexican border.
Freedom.
Roadblock.
Think final scene, Thelma and Louise, but make it Selma and Louis, fuck, just make it Thelma and Louise, who cares, it's just a fantasy ... right.
Thelma and Louise, but in a Winnebago, and instead of dying in a fiery crash, we do the ET thing and land safely in Austin Texas, which is now part of Mexico, and open The Grand Ennui Coffee House and Poetry Emporium, and live happily ever after, with lots and lots of cowboy boots, and rocking chairs, and music, and sawdust on the floor, but not obvious sawdust, just sawdust, and sangria, and short stories, and John Prine is our next door neighbor, and he stops by at least once a night, and sings about loneliness and redemption, and the frailties of life, while we dance barefoot in the the coolness of the night.
I think that's everything.

No comments: