Friday, April 15, 2005

Kat's Kwestions

I'm not really big on memes, but Kat asked for volunteers, and Kat is one of the few people I would do anything for, so enough with the small talk, here are Kat's 5 Questions of which only one of them made me squirm.

The Questions:

1. Let's get right to the dirt: how long has this romance with AmyJo
(hi there, AmyJo) been budding? Inquiring minds want to know.


I guess it started sometime earlier this year. It was a gradual thing at first. She's been a member of RW ... BS since late last summer, and it started with comments on posts, and conversations on the zonkboard, the there was the chat room. I guess it started warming up in January this year, and then I rigged XIJIF so that she would get my name, and the two of us started spending more time in the chat room. Then she went to visit her mother in Japan in March, and while she was gone we started exchanging mad crazy emails. Yeah, I think it was while she was in Japan that I realized just how much I cared about her. When she got back we started spending all our time together in a private chat room. I can tell you the exact moment I knew I was totally gone. It was Sunday night April 4th, and I was finishing off an Audio CD I was burning for her, and I was telling her how much I had enjoyed making the CD and then I started rambling on, and getting flustered, and doing the whole goofy laugh thing while I was trying to explain to her how much fun it had been getting to know her the last few weeks. I guess the next day we talked about it, and yeah, yeah, yeah. There have been three hour phone conversations every night since then.
But that's all I'm saying.

2. What is it like having Mother Boz around the house? Has her
moving in changed your lifestyle much and is she still trying to feed
you cornbread concoctions?


She has turned my house into a little old ladies house filled with Rockwell plates and Precious Moments figurines. It's been pretty smooth for the most part, we just sort of pass each other in the hall every now and then. Oh, yeah, and I don't have to
do my own laundry anymore, and that can't be a bad thing. So, yeah, it's cool.

3. I have several mixed CDs and I know you do, too. Which of your
mixed CDs is your current favorite?


My current favorite is Beast of Boz Volume #4
It's got a little bit of everything, and I think that what makes is so special is I made it for Amy.
The Playlist
1. Jolene - Dolly Parton
2. Walking the Dog - Rufus Thomas
3. Girl From Ipanema - Getz and Gilberto*
4. Hound Dog - Big Mama Thornton
5. One Way Or Another - Blondie
6. Green Onions - Booker T and the MGs
7. Rosalita (Come Out Tonight) - Bruce Springsteen*
8. Sultans of Swing - Dire Straits
9. Witchi Tai To - Everything is Everything
10. The Road Goes On Forever - Robert Earl Keen
11. One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer - John Lee Hooker
12. Ring of Fire - Johnny Cash
13. Willing - Little Feat
14. Harvest Moon - Neil Young*
15. She's Got Soul - Nick Lowe*
16. Haunted - The Pogues and Sinead O'Conner*
17. Mustang Sally - Wilson Pickett
18. Morning Dew - Tim Rose
19. We Gotta Get You A Woman - Todd Rundgren*
20. Polk Salad Annie - Tony Joe White
21. Venus in Furs - The Velvet Underground

The *'s are songs that I really, really, really sort of like.


4. You're starving. The fridge and pantry are practically (but not
quite) empty. You just don't feel like going shopping but you have to
eat something. What is it?


I've got about six cans of tuna fish that have been sitting in my fridge for about 2 or 3 years, I think I could whip something up out of that. Who's up for Tuna Surprise?

5. If you could conduct a no-holds-barred interview with a famous
person who would you interview and what would you ask them?


I have no interest in conducting an interview with any famous person, but you know, I wouldn't mind being interviewed by a famous person, and I guess I sorta am right now.

No comments: