Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Weather in the Altogether

It rained for the first time this spring.
One of those late at night, early morning rains that seem to come out of nowhere.
I like rain.
I like everything about it.
I like the minutes just before it starts.
I like seeing the first drops hit the pavement.
I like the sound it makes on the roof and against the windows.
I like driving in the rain, and adjusting the windshield wiper speed until I reach a happy medium, that both the rain and I can live with.
I like when it is raining so hard, that it is nothing but rain, everywhere.
I even like the thunder and the lightening, but only late at night, when I am in bed, and I am half asleep, and I am safe, and I know it can't hurt me.
I like when it slows to a sprinkle and you go outside and you can still smell it.
I like when it stops, and the sun comes out, and it is warm, and the steam starts to rise, and thirty minutes later you'd never known it had rained in the first place.
We all feel that way about rain, right?

No comments: