Sunday, April 24, 2005

The need for speed

I had to run out and get some things Saturday because we are supposed to get about 8-12 inches of snow by tonight.
I can't just take my time.
I have to do everything in a rush.
It is like I am working against a clock.
It was that way while I was out and it seemed that everything and everybody was transpiring to slow me down.
And it just made me want to go faster.
It reminded me of a Stephen King short story where the main character was trying to find a quicker, faster, way to work, you know to take less time getting to work, because time is so very important, and they would drive a little faster and knock a second or two of their time every day or so, or the way would find a new shorter route, and knock a few more seconds off their time, and eventually, and yeah, you know this had to happen because it's a Stephen King short story,
And eventually, they arrived before they left ... POOF

No comments: