Tuesday, July 19, 2005

When did I become the parent?

Mother Boz fell again tonight.
I swear to god, as many times as she has fallen I am amazed that she hasn't broken a hip, a leg, an arm, a collarbone, and various other bones, alone or in combination any number of times, because she could have and should have. (Nice awkward sentence, Boz.)
She was coming out of the bathroom, in the dark, she reached for the door, the door wasn't there, and she went tumbling half way across the house knocking things over as she fell. She ended up between a coffee table and an easy chair, a little shaken up, but completely unhurt.
I, on the other hand am a nervous wreck, and if I drank I would be three quarters drunk by now, but I don't, so I'm not.
And great, I'll be getting the third degree from my sister tomorrow.
And then I'll have to repeat everything for my brother in law.
And at what point in time did I quit being the kid and become the parent?
Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

No comments: