Thursday, July 21, 2005

Hell hath no fury

It is probably a good idea that our company is going back to Florida on Friday, and no, it's not the kids, the kids have been great, the kids have been fantastic, the kids have been a lot of fun, the kids have been kids.
It's the two older kids, my sister and brother in law who have been the problem.

Let me give you a little history.
They have been married for a little over 40 years, and in all that time, well, in all that time, time has meant nothing to them. To put it simply, they never show up when they say they will, never.

Ok, here's the current deal. They got to the campground on Monday, set up, and then came to visit Mother Boz and myself at about one thirty, that's cool, good time, not too early, not too late.
They stayed till about six thirty and then asked me what time we wanted them to come over on Tuesday. I said the same time as today would be good, and if you're going to be a little late just give me a call, no big deal.
They show up Tuesday at two thirty, an hour later than was planned, and no call, ok, it's still cool, it's their vacation, they went for a ride, they got lost, we had nothing planned, no biggie.
When they left at about seven that night, they asked when they should come over on Wednesday. I told them about one or two o'clock, the same as yesterday and today, fine, groovy, agreed, we'll see you tomorrow, and we'll go out for pizza or something.
Wednesday
One o'clock ... nothing.
One thirty, I tell MB to start getting ready so we won't have to wait on her when we are ready to leave.
Two o'clock ... nothing.
Two thirty, MB is finished getting ready, hey she's old, it takes her awhile to get her groove on.
Two forty-five ... nothing, I am starting to get pissed.
Three o'clock ... nothing, MB is starting to get pissed.
I should probably state here that my state of being pissed and MB's state of being pissed are completely different.
I get pissed easily, I get over it, I get pissed again, I get over it, I get pissed again, I get over it.
MB on the other hand, gets pissed slowly, slowly, slowly, slowly, until the pressure builds up and like a volcano you know all hell is going to break loose ... and all it will take is one little thing to set it off.
Three thirty ... nothing, and MB has erupted ... AT ME!!!
She is going off all over the place.
They always do this blah blah blah
They only think of themselves blah blah blah
They were always late picking me up at the airport blah blah blah

And on, and on, and on.

Me, as usual, I feel like I am stuck in the middle, the go-between, the peacemaker, the soother of ruffled feathers, it makes me feel crappy, and I hate it.
So I said fuck it, I'm just going to lay back and enjoy the fireworks.

Man, it was worth it. MB took chunks out of both their hides. I mean, they looked like a couple of little kids that were getting chewed out for coming home late from school. They both looked like they might start crying at any moment, and you know, I don't think they actually thought they did anything wrong.
They were all
But, but, but, but ...

MB was so pissed that she changed her mind about going out, but I think that was just a ploy on her part to heap a little more guilt on the two of them.

So yeah, she did go, but she wouldn't ride in the car with them. She came with me and two of the kids. Thank god I had two of the kids in the car with us, or MB would have continued her rant all the way up to the pizza parlor, and she sort of tried to continue it, but I started joking around with the kids, and MB settled down, and by the time we got to the pizza parlor her rage had passed to the extent that she could carry on a conversation with my sister and brother in law, but ... you know the anger was there, and just one stupid comment by my brother in law or sister and it would have erupted all over again.

So we made it through the day, and they are leaving on Friday, and I think MB has some sort of evil get even plan in store for today, I just hope it doesn't involve enemas or high colonics for everyone.

No comments: