Saturday, July 30, 2005

Hey, you with the crew cut

Listening to random sixties music.
1. Johnny Get Angry - Joannie Sommers. I want a brave man, I want a cave man, complete with kazoo solo
2. Sport (The Odd Boy) - Bonzo Dog Band. Bonzo, Bonz, Boz, strangers things have happened. It's an odd boy who doesn't like sport.
3. Blues With A Feeling - Paul Butterfield Blues Band. If I had fingers like Mike Bloomfield I would play guitar in my sleep.
4. Time Has Come Today - The Chambers Brothers. The wretched excess of psychedelica, but not quite. I have no home, I have no home.
5. I Had To Tell You - The 13th Floor Elevators. I love the electric jug and the boz-like harmonica, and I should really start practicing now that I have my blues harmonica book.
6. The Belle of Avenue A - The Fugs. A little bit of hippie nookie.
7. Deep Purple - Nino Tempo and April Stevens. Nino is a guy, honest to god. When the deep purple falls over sleepy garden walls ...
8. Canned Ham - Norman Greenbaum. When you gonna buy me a canned ham Greenbaum? Soon baby, soon.
9. Mule Skinner Blues - The Fendermen. If you don't like the job throw the buck-buck-bucket down.
10. Movin' Day - The Holy Modal Rounders. Pack up your clothes and skidoo, Lou.

No comments: