Sunday, July 17, 2005

D-day minus one

One comment for the last seven posts, I think that's a new record.

My cousin's visit went well.
They only stayed about an hour, which was long enough.
Her and her husband are the dreaded ... Born Again Christians, but they didn't try to convert me, or talk too much about the glory of god, so I was cool with it.
It was nice to see my Uncle Guy again, he turned 90 this year. He's my dad's brother-in-law. All my dad's brothers and sisters have passed away, and Mother Boz and my Uncle Guy are the only two spouses left alive.

I found out from my cousin that my sister is bringing a couple of her grandkids up with them. Which is kind of cool, I guess. I mean I've never seen them before, and it doesn't matter that they are bi-racial, but it does matter that I don't like their mother, my niece, very much, but I think it will be kind of cool to buy them ice cream, and candy, and pop, and let them take pictures with my inexpensive digital camera, and take them to the Dollar Store and tell them they can each get ten items, and then they'll tell wonderful stories about how great their Groovy Uncle Boz is until their mother gets so stressed she gets hives, or forgets to pick up her welfare check, or eats a bug, or something. At least that's my plan for now.

No comments: