Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Let's drop the big one

Ok, I'm really getting into the crappy novel I am reading.
It's one of those nuclear holocaust end of the world things, and the guy who wrote it, I guess he would be called the author, has no clue, literally no clue.
My favorite line is:
"I enjoy a woman I don't have to talk down to."
Let me repeat that.
"I enjoy a woman I don't have to talk down to."
Yeah, but it is exciting and stuff, but the writer guy, ok the author, is such a nob.
See, it takes place on an airplane and another great line is from the head stew, yeah he calls them stews, and another great line from the head stew, and yeah of course the head stew has a bone on for the captain, and yeah, the story is told from the point of view of the captain, so of course the head stew would be beautiful, and smart, well, smart for a woman, I mean smart for a gal, and anyway the head stew says:
"My girls all did a great job ... even the asians."
Even the asians!!!!
Did I mention this guy is a real nob, and he must have been about 90 years old when he wrote the book, because he was an RAF pilot in WWII, and this book was written about 1980, and yeah, even the asians did a good job, and I'm not even going to tell you his views on blacks, well ok, he did refer to their:
big white toothy grins.
Seriously, he said that, and I checked reviews of this book on amazon dot com and everyone gives it five stars,
Five stars!!!
So maybe I'm just crazy.
No, no, everybody else is crazy,
And I'm the last sane man on this godforsaken planet that we once called Earth
Well, anyway, I guess I'd better go check on the asians.

No comments: