Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Random Play Randomness

Vashti Bunyan - Window Over the Bay (I don't have the slightest idea who she is, but she has a great name, and maybe someone will be impressed that I so casually bandy her name about and give me love, sweet gypsy love.)
Donovan - First There is a Mountain (You aren't fooling anyone Ken, you're nothing but a suede-o hippie.)
Neil Young - Prairie Wind (Prairie is a very difficult word to spell.)
Cream - World of Pain
Del Shannon - Keep Searchin'
The Mavericks - Here Comes the Rain (Here comes the NEXT button)
Beau Brummels - Cry Some
The Beatles - Glass Onion (The walrus was Paul ... I knew it!)
Neil Young - Birds
The Kinks - Waterloo Sunset
Louvin Brothers - The Christian Life (My buddies shun me since I've turned to Jesus, but I still love them, they burden my heart, I'll try to lead them to walk in the light because I like the Christian life.)
Beau Brummels - Ain't That Lovin' You Baby
Manfred Mann - Pretty Flamingo
Dvl - Santa Baby (Stick with me toots, and I'll make you a star.)
Doc Watson and Andy Griffith - Crawdad Hole
Julie Driscoll and the Brian Auger Trinity - Season of the Witch (Oh man, I had such a crush on Julie Driscoll. I think she was after Grace Slick and before Buffy Sainte Marie.)
Lonnie Donegan - I Wanna Go Home aka The Sloop John B (Dammit, why isn't Lonnie Donegan in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? You think I'm kidding, but I'm not.)
The Move - Fire Brigade
The Moody Blues - Timothy Leary's Dead (Hey, Ken, that song's about drugs, no shit Ken, really.)
Rilo Kiley - More Adventurous (Man, I love chick singers with a little twang in their voice and a harmonica wailing in the background.)
Richard Hell and the Voidoids - Love Comes in Spurts (Well, ch'yeah.)

G'night.

No comments: