Wednesday, April 26, 2006

No Way IV

Ok, so I still have the blues, and I also have a bad back and a draining sinus, and to top it all off there are gale force winds blowing outside, and Gail, or Gayle, or yeah even Gale was a pretty popular girls name when I was growing up. You couldn't fling a dead cat without it landing at the saddle shoed clad feet of some chick named Gayle/Gail/Gale, and yeah, there really was a very popular actress who starred in a couple of 50s sitcoms who was named Gale Storm, and she always played this petite, perky, plucky career girl who, along with her older best friend usually played by Zasu Pitts, would spend the whole thirty minutes trying to snag a man, well, Gale would try to snag a man, because even back in the 50s it was pretty obvious even to a wee lad like myself that the only person Zasu was interested in snagging was Gale Storm, if you get my drift, yeah, so Gale would spend the whole thirty minutes trying to snag a man, usually a rich handsome one, or at least a handsome one who would one day be rich ... but still I have the blues.
And ...
Gail was also a pretty popular guys name if you lived in the south, and I think that whole girl name for a guy is pretty much limited to parts of the south where cousins married cousins or sheep.

Perky, plucky and petite Gale Storm

No comments: