Saturday, April 15, 2006

At the corner of Utica Road and Twelve Mile

So anyway, I had a dream about you the other night.
I was at home, but not the home I am living at now, I was at home in the home I used to live in before I moved up here, I was at the home I lived in when I used to live in Detroit, well, I didn't actually live in Detroit, but when you are from Detroit you refer to Detroit and all the surrounding area as Detroit, of course we drew the line at actually paying Detroit city taxes because that would have been just wrong, and stupid.
So anyway, I was at home, and I was expecting you, I mean your visit had been planned weeks, no, months in advance, and I was expecting you, and all of a sudden there you were looking in the window, and I must say that you were looking really hot, with your long hair, and bangs, and you were thinner than what I had expected, and I was all nervous and everything, so I went into the bedroom acting like I had to make the bed or something, and then you knocked at the door, and MB, yeah, MB was in the dream too, and, no it doesn't get real weird or anything, she was just in the dream, and MB answered the door, and you came in the house, and you were looking really really really hot, I mean even hotter than I acutally thought you were, if that is possible, and I sort of snuck a look at you from your reflection in the wall mirror that I didn't know I had, and you were wearing sort of red and black and white checked pants, and some kind of layered looked top all in red and black and greys, and all sorts of spangly jangly necklaces and bracelets, and a vest, yeah, you were wearing a vest, a leather vest, and MB said:
Oh look ........ is here
And I tried being all cool and witty and said something totally lame, and as soon as I said it I knew it was totally lame, and I wanted to hide under the bed, or disappear.
And then you started talking to MB, and you told her how you had been dying to meet her for years and years and years.
And you and MB just started becoming the fastest of friends.
And I was standing in the bedroom, thinking ...
Well what about me???
And you and MB were talking and laughing.
And I was getting all neurotic, and psychotic, and weirded out.
And then I guess I woke up because the dream was over.
And really, I don't even think of you like that.
You know, in that way.
It's just the dream, you know.
It was weird.
And you must never tell anyone that it was you that I dreamt about, because that would be really awkward and uncomfortable for both of us, and yeah, probably ten times more awkward and uncomfortable for you, but still, you know, okay.

Fuck it boz, quit editing and re-editing the post and just put it to bed!!!

3 comments:

hijacked frequencies said...

soooo.....just out of curiosity ....how hot was i ?gvmrpcbr

hijacked frequencies said...

oh that last part was comment verification ....or it could be a secret code.

Grampa said...

Quit dreaming about Mr. T., Boz.

This sentence, "and all sorts of spangly jangly necklaces and bracelets," gave it all away.