Saturday, April 08, 2006

Chrissakes, could you at least knock!

What's Up Tiger Lily
A movie review, sort of.
Have you ever seen the movie What's Up Tiger Lily?
It was originally a Japanese spy flick, ala James Bond, released in the mid 60's.
Well, Woody Allen, yeah that Woody Allen, the Woody Allen who married his adopted step daughter once removed by marriage, the Woody Allen whose flicks really haven't been relevant since about 1977, yeah, that's the Woody Allen I mean, and you know Woody is kind of an odd name for a guy who probably hasn't sported any since about, yeah, since about 1977.

I'm sorry, but the demise of Woody into a sleazy comic punchline is just too much for me to take.

Did I ever tell you that when I was sixteen years old I ripped the Woody Allen Playboy Interview out of my brother-in-law's Playboy magazine and hid it in my secret hiding place and whenever I felt sad, or lonely, or misunderstood, I would whip it out ... the article, not my ummm, member, and ....
My favorite Woody joke from the interview was when he was asked about the sexual revolution he said something about sporadic guerilla warfare, and I wish I could remember some other really funny things he said in the interview, but hey, I was hopped up on speed and bennies during most of the sixties, nah ...
I just don't remember anything else.

Anyway, that interview appeared in the May 1967 issue of Playboy and yeah, here is the centerfold for that month, featuring the hauntingly air brushed, and minimally puffified Anne Randall, and yeah, this would probably be the part where I talked about Anne Randall and my member, and fuck, I was only sixteen, and unlike Woody I was sporting it almost 24/7, but I wasn't very popular, and I was extremely shy, so how else was I supposed to, you know, right, you know, ummm, quell the urge.





Oh, yeah, What's Up Tiger Lily was a really funny movie dubbed into English by Woody Allen about the top secret recipe for the world's best egg salad being stolen, and other stuff too boring to go into.
Thank you.

No comments: