Thursday, September 15, 2005

They named the high school after me

It's late.
I'm tired.
I don't want to go to bed.
I'm afraid I might miss something.
I'm afraid I might miss everything.
I'm afraid I might miss america.
Maybe I'm just afraid.

I watched the movie Blackboard Jungle starring Glenn Ford tonight.
Glenn Ford was a great actor. He always seemed to play a basically good man trying to fight off his inner demons.
Sort of like ... ME!!!!!
Just kidding, seriously.
I remember as a kid that my sister D used to say that junior high school was just like the movie Blackboard Jungle ... and I believed her.
I mean I was afraid to walk by the junior high school because I thought Vic Morrow was going to jump out and stick a shiv between my ribs.
What kind of horrible sister would tell her impressionable, and adorable, little brother such terrible lies?

The Horrible and the Adorable, circa 1957.

No comments: