Sunday, September 18, 2005

Parallel Universes

Henry Miller and the Legion of Super Heroes.
Lord of the Flies and Archie Andrews.
Metropolis and Metropolis.

I've never been one of those guys who needed to remember and understand every word that I've ever read. I've always figured if I needed to remember it, if I needed to understand it, I would.
Because really, how much writing is just the writer verbally jacking off trying to fill up the page with wordy semen.
Seriously, I can't really be serious.

But anyway, I've started reading Tropic of Cancer by Henry Miller, not to be confused with Arthur Miller, or Frank Miller, or Mitch Miller, but I can see the resemblance ...
Henry uses a lot of words. He like attacks you with words. He like rapes you with words. He like just keeps writing until you like catch his rhythm or like fall asleep as the book like hits the floor.
He also likes cunt, the word itself, and the pursuit thereof, and biting into clitorises and spitting out two franc pieces ...

No comments: