Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Lies I have told

We all know that I lie quite a bit in here, that's a given.

Probably the most famous lie I've told is that there is a rumor that I am the love child of John Wayne and Bettie Page. That's just a big lie, I am not their love child and there is no rumor.

I've also told loads of other lies, and that brings us to ...

Three Big Fat Lies I Have Told About Myself On The Grand Ennui

1. Hailie Selassie, the first manager of the Beatles, kicked me out of the group because he thought I had too much influence on the rest of the lads. This is not true, it never happened, I was never in the Beatles, I was however Freddie in Freddie and the Dreamers from 1963 till 1965.
2. I was to be the lead singer and bassist for the Monkees, but my arch enemy for life, that rat bastard Mickey Dolenz, told the producers I was main lining heroin in the men's room. Another lie, well the part about main lining heroin is the men's room is the truth, and that part about Mickey Dolenz is the truth, but the other part, the part about me being the leader singer and bassist in the Monkees, well, in my dreams, in my dreams.
3. This song isn't about me. Wrong!!! This song is about me, and I have the apricot scarf to prove it. Ummmm, neither the color apricot or scarves were considered gay in the early 70's.

No comments: