Saturday, June 25, 2005

Then don't do that

Latest from the neuro-surgeon.
The two vertebrae directly above the vertebrae I had fused six years ago are both all fucked up, I believe that is the medical term for it, all fucked up.
Anyway, since it is two vertebrae over a fused vertebrae it is a very tricky procedure over which vertebrae to fuse because they don't like to have two fused next to each other, or a fused, a fucked up one, and another fused one.
So, there is a procedure involving a prosthesis , or psomething, that is awaiting FDA approval, and the approval should come by July of next year.
Soooo, the neuro-surgeon wants me to wait till next year for the new procedure.
Of course, if it gets worse blah blah blah.
That's when my mind started to wander.
Sound confusing?
Try deciphering it on a couple hours of sleep.
Oh yeah, I should watch out for whiplash or any trauma to my neck, because that could cause paralysis.

No comments: