Thursday, June 02, 2005

Never let it be said

Items in this picture.
A hall pass with my name on it.
A good luck plant.
My parents 50th anniversary picture.
Nine Stories by JD Salinger.
Two stereo speakers.
A tripod.
A picture of Amy.
A picture of me.
Lava lamps.
A ceramic skull.
The dead sea scrolls.
The kidnapped Lindbergh baby.
The soul of Jimmy Hoffa.
Amber waves of grain.
The Duke and the Dauphin.
The Green Monster.
The Blue Lagoon.
The Iron Curtain.
The last thing on my mind.
The Blackboard Jungle.
The Mighty Quinn.
The Lone Ranger's telephone number.
Tonto's MENSA card.
Maple Leaf Garden
The voice of my conscience.
The cut of my jib.
The ghost of my high school trig teacher.
A bunch of books I haven't read.
A couple of early birthday presents that I haven't opened.
So, that's what this is all about.
Yeah, I guess so.
Your birthday is coming up right?
Yeah, and ...
And you wanted to bring it up, but you didn't want ...
I didn't want to appear obvious.
So???
Yeah, it's the 12th.
Anything else?
No, but ahhhhh ... no.
Good.
Yeah, good.

And as always, the voice of my conscience was played by Frank Sinatra.

No comments: