Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Is the clock ticking?

The day is creeping up.

This Saturday I have another appointment with the neuro-surgeon.
He'll tell me what I don't have, and that I need more tests.
I don't know what to think anymore.

It's been over a year and we are nowhere, nowhere.
The pain is bearable, and there are days when I can fool myself into believing that I don't hurt at all.
The pain is bearable, but is it necessary?
What is taking so long?

If they would just give me a timeline on how long it will take.
A year, two years, five years, ten years.
I could live with it.
I could structure my life.
I could break it down into manageable intervals.
I could have a day that I could mark on a calendar.
A target.

You don't have to ease the pain.
Give me all you've got.
I can take it.
Just let me know that it will end, and when it will end.
Or that it won't.
Ok?

No comments: