Monday, December 04, 2006

Is that an erection in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?

Oh man ...
Three great pre-code films (made before 1934) on Turner Classic Movies tonight.

1. Waterloo Bridge - A WWI soldier falls in love with a woman in London not knowing that she is a dun dun dun prostitute.
2. Baby Face - Barbara Stanwyck stars as a woman from the wrong side of the tracks who sleeps her way to the top without remorse.
3. Red-Headed Woman - Jean Harlow plays a gold digger who breaks up marriages and sins her way to financial success.

What is so cool about these movies, is that after the code went into effect all these woman would have been made to pay for their digressions, but not so in the pre-code days. I mean, they are all wicked evil woman type whores in every sense of the word, and woo hoo, and did Ijust say woo hoo, I can't wait to watch them, well, I have to wait ten minutes, but that will give me time to go get a drink, and whatever else I have to do.
Immorality in the movies, I love it, and you know, it's not blatant like today, but yeah, it's there baby, you know it's there.

No comments: