Monday, January 30, 2006

A day in the life

11 am - I call the pharmacy to refill a prescription for MB.
11:10 am - The pharmacy calls and says Blue Cross Blue Shield has denied the claim. I give the pharmacist some new information and she says she will run it again.
11:15 am - The pharmacy calls back and says BCBS is still denying the claim, and that prescription coverage ended on the 31st of December 2005. The pharmacist suggests that I get in touch with BCBS.
11:20 - 11:30 am - I'm on hold with BCBS.
11:30 am - I am connected with a service rep and she tells me that yes the prescription coverage ended on the 31st of December 2005. The rep gives me the Human Resource phone number for the company that the old man worked for and who is providing the BCBS coverage for MB.
11:35 am - 2:45 pm - I try repeatedly to contact the Human Resource department, repeatedly equals at least 25 times, there is no answer.
2:45 pm - I finally figure out that the number that I was given for the Human Resource department is no longer in service.
2:50 pm - I call the company that the old man used to work for, and I am connected with The United States Credit Union. I try recalling with the same result. The old man didn't work for the United States Credit Union, so yeah, I guess the company that the old man worked for has changed their telephone thingie dingie doo.
2:55 - 3:15 pm - I search through all the old man's retirement papers and finally come up with a number for the local branch of his union.
3:20 pm - I call the number and I am put through to a union rep. He listens to my plight, and says he will ask around until he finds out what the deal is. He says he'll get back to me in the morning.
3:45 pm - The union rep calls me back. He tells me that he has been in touch with his contact with BCBS and according to their records MB should be covered for the rest of her life, but it still shows up that her coverage has been cancelled, on top of that, she is the only one of the group of retirees/spouses covered under that plan who has had her coverage discontinued. The union rep then said he will continue working on it until it is straightened out and get back to me in the morning.
4:45 pm - My back hurts, my legs hurt, my arms hurt, my neck hurts, my telephone hand hurts, and my telephone ear hurts as I silently curse whoever it is who has made this day miserable for me.

3 comments:

Kat said...

I hate dealing with crap like that so I'll curse 'em long with you. DAMN THEM.

Unknown said...

Send the person at BCBS who screwed up a BIG box of shit since that's what you've been through...or maybe a douche kit.

Boz said...

It wasn't the person at BCBS who screwed up, the union rep called back today and said it was someone from the company the old man worked for that discontinued MB's Blue Cross coverage. The union rep is still trying to get to the bottom of it.