Thursday, March 22, 2007

It's a strange world that we live in Master Jack

For Better or Worse the first 25 songs that came up when I hit shuffle on my $219.99 Zune, which I originally paid $249.99 for, but that's another story, and it's actually not really that scary even for me.
1. Excitable Boy - Warren Zevon
2. Devil In Disguise - Elvis Presley
3. Rockabilly Funeral - Commander Cody
4. Pow (The Theme From What's Up Tiger Lily) - The Lovin' Spoonful (That's the only Woody Allen movie I can still watch.)
5. Dairy Queen - Norman Greenbaum
6. How Can We Hang On To A Dream - Tim Hardin (Dead, dead, dead)
7. A Truer Love You'll Neve Know - Bobby Bare & Skeeter Davis (How'd that get on there?)
8. Master Jack - Four Jacks And A Jill (Master.... and Jack... get it, get it, get it!)
9. Anticipation - Carly Simon
10. Poor Side Of Town - Johnny Rivers
11. Time Has Come Today - The Chambers Brothers
12. Where The Action Is - Freddie (Boom Boom) Cannon (Cannon, boom boom, get it!)
13. C'mon And Swim - Bobby Freeman
14. Show Me - Joe Tex
15. Mercy Mercy Mercy - The Buckinghams (When I was stationed on Crete in the Air Force I had a friend from Chicago who claimed he was the original bass player for the Buckinghams but he quit before they got a recording contract.)
16. Ramblin' Man - The Allman Brothers Band (Were you as surprised as I was when Greg Allman married Cher?)
17. People Who Died - Boink (Not to be confused with Mr Zoink)
18. Manic Monday - The Bangles (Which one of them posed for Playboy after their 15 minutes were up, or maybe that was that other all girl group.)
19. Society's Child - Janis Ian (I almost typed Society's Chode)
20. Maria - Blondie (Did you see Blondie on the Midnight Special when Debbie Harry wore a Baggie as a dress, or did I dream that?)
21. Rebel Rouser - Duane Eddy
22. Young Girl Blues - Donovan (The masturbation song)
23. Ro Ro Rosey - Van Morrison (One of my favorite really bad songs of all time)
24. Season Of The Witch - Julie Driscol And The Brian Auger Trinity (Yawn)
25. You Send Me - Sam Cooke
And one more ...
Homburg - Procul Harum (I actually knew all the words to this when I was 18 years old and used to sing it just to be pretentious.)

No comments: