Friday, March 16, 2007

25 seconds remaining

I'm listening to my Zune.
I've got about 2 and a half gigs of stuff.
I haven't deleted anything since the second day.
I'm on shuffle.
John Prine, Bob Dylan, Lucinda Williams, The Velvet Underground, Neil Young, The Byrds, Kasey Chambers, and the list goes on and on.

I have gone tech crazy since the first of the year.
First my new camera, then the cellphone I think, then the Zune, and then yesterday I bought a new telephone, I couldn't turn it down, it was marked down from $119.99 to $19.99 at Radio Shack, and yeah, the $119.99 is an inflated price, but I checked the phone out online and the cheapest I saw it for was $49.99, and damn is the phone ever cool. It's got call this, and call that, and voice mail, and a full color screen, and beeps and chimes and buzzes, and you can upload pictures from your computer, and sounds too, and it's almost like a cellphone, but it's not, and it's a speakerphone too, a goddamn speakerphone, can you believe it, and no, I'll never use the goddamn speakerphone, but it's nice to know that I've got a goddamn speakerphone if the need ever arises that I have to try to impress someone who is impressed by goddamn speakerphones!

I would father Lucinda William's bastard children without a second thought, amen, and good night.

No comments: