Saturday, March 17, 2007

Attempted short story, more or less, but probably less. Part 4

Aunt Junie and Uncle Ned didn't have any children. I heard my grandmother tell my mother one time that if Aunt Junie had any more miscarriages that it could kill Aunt Junie, and then one time when my mother was talking to Aunt Junie on the phone my mother mentioned something about adoption, and then my mother got a shocked look on her face, and after about a minute of just nodding her head my mother hung up the phone, got a cup of coffee and went and sat in silence on the front porch until my father got home from work. My parents sat and talked in hushed tones for about an hour, then my father stood up and said something to the effect that if that's what you want go ahead and arrange it.
When school ended for the year I was sent out to South Dakota to spend my summer with Aunt Junie and Uncle Ned.

No comments: