Tuesday, September 12, 2006

It's Tuesday again for the first time this week

A very strange list from a very strange day.
1. I slept till 2 PM today.
2. The reason I finally woke up was because I had a dream that I bought a five pound tomato at the gas station for ninety seven cents.
3. It's been a rainy and dreary day all day, and it was a rainy a dreary night all night.
4. The bottom sheet has come off my bed at all four corners.
5. I've read 400 pages of the 1000 page true crime novel The Executioner's Song by Norman Mailer, and I think I'm going to quit because I already know more than I need to know about Gary Gilmore the first man executed in the United States after the death penalty was reinstated in 197something.
6. I watched The Children's Hour starring Audrey Hepburn and Shirley MacLaine last night. It was one of the eight VHS tapes that I bought from the library for 8/$1.00. It was about how the repercussions of an unfounded rumor of the unnatural love between two women could ruin lives. Yeah, unnatural love ... it was 1961 and lesbians hadn't been invented yet.
7. I always liked Shirley MacLaine. She was pretty in an an unpretty sort of way.
8. I never understood the appeal of Audrey Hepburn. I think she must have been a woman's ideal of what an ideal woman should be back in the 50s and early 60s. I mean I never heard my dad say "Hey, there's an Audrey Hepburn movie playing at the Ramona this weekend, I can't wait to see it!!!"
9. Speaking about women who have an unnatural love for each other. There was a woman's softball tournament in town this past weekend and when I was in the Burger King on Sunday there were two unnatural women having a lovers quarrel.
10. Damn, my phone keeps ringing, but it only rings two and a half times and then it stops. I'm pretty sure it's my niece trying to call me because she calls once a week, and she's got this cell phone with a speaker phone option and for some reason she is in love with that option, and I think that is why the phone rings only two and a half times and then stops.

No comments: