Thursday, September 28, 2006

Chef Boz

Cream of Broccoli Soup
1. Don't buy a can Cream of Broccoli Soup, it's way to expensive, it's somewhere close to two bucks a can for Campbells.
2. Go to the Dollar General, or the Family Dollar, or the SavALot, or any discount type store where they sell soup for two cans for a dollar.
3. The won't have cream of broccoli soup but they will have cream of mushroom, celery, and chicken.
4. Buy two cans of cream of whatever soup, I prefer celery and chicken.
5. I never look at the soup labels, but I think you can mix the two cans of soup with either water or milk, use milk, or use water and some powdered non-dairy creamer, the creamer will work just fine, I use it when I make instant mashed potatoes, yeah, I'm quite a cook, I know.
6. Ok, maybe I should mention that you should open the cans, and empty them into a saucepan, and make sure the saucepan is big enough, and turn the stove on, not the oven, the stove, there's a difference, believe me.
7. Hey boz, I thought this was cream of broccoli soup, where's the broccoli? Yeah, I figured you'd bring that up sooner or later. Ok, you buy a bag of frozen broccoli, which costs about a buck for a one pound bag, and dump about a third to a half of the bag of broccoli into your saucepan full of cream of whatever soup, and this is why it's important that you use a big enough saucepan like I mentioned in step #6, because if the saucepan isn't big enough the soup will splash all over.
8. Stir the soup, making sure to mush up all the big lumps of concentrated cream of whatever while you stir.
9. Bring to a boil.
10. Turn off the stove and cover the saucepan and let it sit for awhile until it thickens up a bit.
11. Serve in a bowl or a big mug with the cracker of your choice, I prefer oyster crackers because you don't have to break them up, but you know what else is good, well, according to MB it's good, Ritz Crackers, yeah, try some Ritz Crackers with your soup.
12. I guess that's it, well, you'll probably want something to drink, but I'll leave that up to you.
13. Bon Appetit!!!

Two alternate recipes ...
1. Cream of broccoli with cheese - Add a couple of slices of Kraft Singles, or any other petroleum based cheese food product, while cooking, and hey, if you're feeling really daring cut off a hunk of real cheese and throw it in, who knows, you may actually like it.
2. Cream of broccoli plus - Instead of adding frozen broccoli substitute Broccoli Normandy, which also costs about a buck a bag and along with the broccoli you'll get cauliflower and carrots.

Dammit, this is the second time I've done a cream of broccoli soup post!!!

No comments: